Opening New Doors
by Giving Back
The Automatic Door Doctors thank you for your business. Your business is allowing us to give back to our community and the world. Detailed below are some projects that we have been able to help fund to make our world a better place.
Nepalese Woman: In 2017, we gave $6000 to fund the surgeries of 10 suffering women in Nepal. Recently we felt impressed to give an additional $2,600 to Global Health Iniciative to fund surgeries for 4 more woman. We invite you to click on the following link and watch a video recounting the experience of one woman whose life and dignity was restored by this surgery. Then, please consider joining us in supporting this very worthy cause. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wfzWpHbdhk8
2016 Christmas Offering: To express our thankfulness, we have donated $10,000 to the following organizations.
1. International Justice Mission: IJM rescues kidnapped sex and labor slaves around the world and brings the predators to justice.
2. World Relief: These funds will help provide for the immediate needs of families fleeing from the war in the Middle East while they are displaced.
3. Parker Task Force: This organization cares for the needs of local families who are experiencing unfortunate circumstances.
ADRA: Once again we have been blessed to be able to give $650 to Adra’s “Fight Hunger and Malnutrition” program.
ADRA: On August 5 we were able to donate $500 to their Help ADRA Save Lives campaign. This campaign helps children and youth escape from sex trafficking, a crime that has become epidemic around the world. If you want to help ADRA with this project, please call 1-800-424-ADRA (2372).
Cancer Care Center at Parker Hospital: On November 19, 2015, The Automatic Door Doctors was able to donate $500 to Parker Hospital for their new Cancer Center. This money was used to provide compassionate care to patients, their families and staff.
New School in Peru: In September 2015, we assisted Bridge the Gap, a nonprofit organization that focuses on helping the people of Peru, acquire land for a new school in Iquitos. We believe that the most effective way to stop poverty in developing countries is to educate the children. Contact Chuck Bobst, the director of Bridge the Gap, at 208-249-5181 to see how you can help.
Christmas Offering: In December 2014, Automatic Door Doctors gave $4,000 to Newday’s Christmas offering for the following non-profits:
1. Parker Task Force: PTF is an amazing organization that serves our neighbors by providing food, financial assistance and other resources when they are in financial crisis. Jesus said, “When you feed the hungry, you’ve fed me.” This is exactly what PTF is doing in our community.
2. Adventist Frontier Missions: AFM serves thousands of families in Iraq who have been driven from their homes by ISIS without provisions for winter. Newday has partnered with AMF to get them warm coats and shoes. $45 will clothe one person with a winter coat and shoes. The graciousness of the AFM volunteers has earned them opportunities to share the love of God with people who desperately need to hear it! Jesus said, “When you have clothed the naked, you have clothed me.” This is exactly what AFM is doing in Iraq.
3. International Justice Mission: IJM brings justice to the poor and powerless. Money given to this organization will pay for a human trafficking investigation, sex trade raids to free victims, and after-care for those who are rescued. Jesus came to bring freedom for the captives, and he has been doing this through the professional, diligent and compassionate work of the IJM.
Nepal: In February 2014, The Automatic Door Doctors donated $6,000 to Centura’s Global Health Initiatives (GHI). The money was used to help 10 women who are currently suffering with a condition called Uterine Prolapse. This widespread problem, which is characterized by the uterus falling out of a woman’s body, is caused when she carries heavy loads too soon after childbirth. Due to the resulting hygienic issues, these women are ostracized from their community. GHI estimates that about 800,000 women in Nepal are suffering from this condition. Please contact Greg Hodgson the Director of GHI if you would like to help give a woman in Nepal her life back. Greg can be reached at 303-931-1442.
Peru: The Automatic Door Doctors is excited to support the Jerusalem School in Iquitos Peru. We helped nine children obtain an education for the 2013/2014 school year. We believe children are the best investment our company can make. We are blessed knowing that we have helped to radically enhance the life of nine under-privileged children.
It was during the summer of 2011, when visiting Iquitos, that we were able to see for ourselves how just a few dollars can forever change a child’s life. Our journey began when we saw small children selling items on the street, as late as 10:30 at night, to raise money for food. Then, when we observed a small five year old girl sleeping on the sidewalk close by, our hearts were broken. When we visited the Jerusalem School in Iquitos, we saw how education was changing the lives of all the children who had an opportunity to attend.
We decided to support the children and contacted Bridge the Gap. Chuck Bob, who runs the organization, and his team volunteer 100% of their time. This means that 100% of every dollar given goes directly to helping the children of Peru. It costs $450 to a sponsor one child to attend a school for a year. Please call Chuck Bobst at 208-249-5181 to learn more about this opportunity.
Alternatively, feel free to give us a call at (720) 572-1867 to learn more about our visit to Iquitos and how you can help change the life of a youth in Iquitos Peru.