Choosing an Entrance
For Your Business
YOUR ENTRANCE TELLS YOUR CLIENT A LOT ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS.
The efficiency with which it is run, the thoughtfulness of the owners and their trustworthiness. If your entrance looks sloppy, in disrepair, out of date, inefficient, unattractive, or even extravagant, the work you do may come across as shoddy, inefficient, and you, the owner or director, may come across as inconsiderate, over reaching or untrustworthy.
Before you decide on what your entrance needs are, you need to think about what kind of clients you will have and what their needs are. And of course, the type of clients you have depends on the type of business you have. A financial planning firm? A grade school? A factory? A fashion store? A hospital? A coffee hut? A hotel? A counseling center? A grocery store? A law firm? Each kind of business has different traffic volumes, and a different clientele, with different needs. Clients and employees alike need to feel respected. Your entrance is one way to convey that respect.
What kind of doors might be a good fit for your business?
Below are examples of some things the above 10 mentioned businesses might look for in an entrance. It is not intended to be exhaustive, but to give an idea of different aspects of doors that can be considered.
- Financial Planning Firm: Clients look for an efficient, progressive, well run business, financially stable. They will want to see a modern entrance that reflects those priorities. The business will also want a secure entrance.
- Grade School: The entrance needs to be inviting for small children, some of whom are leaving the familiarity of their home for the first time. The entrance also needs to be easily accessible to small children as well as teachers, who often have their hands full.
- Factory: These entrances mainly serve employee traffic. The attractiveness and simplicity spells respect for low income employees and yields respect in the eyes of clients.
- Fashion Store: Clothing merchants have understood for millennia the vanity in human nature and have in all times done their best to display their fashionable designs so as to attract the attention of all passersby. Glass storefronts are the standard.
- Hospital: Like grade schools, hospital entrances should also be characterized by attractiveness and ease of entry. Automatic doors are a must to allow ease of entrance for patients who lack normal mobility or strength. In addition, all patients want to see their hospital as efficient, progressive, and the managers as considerate and trustworthy, because what they see in the entrance, they will associate with the care they will receive when they are vulnerable.
- Coffee Hut: These are usually tiny buildings that are just large enough to make coffee for drive-by customers. Dutch doors with a shelf on the bottom half for serving customers may be less expensive and definitely simpler to install than a drive-through window.
- Hotel: Whether on vacation or business, clients for the hospitality industry want comfort and pleasant surroundings. Clean glass storefronts give prospective clients a view of an attractive, comfortable lobby that will serve as an oasis to tired eyes.
- Counseling Center: The clients of a counseling center need the respect of an attractive entrance, while at the same time, they might want the privacy of a simple entrance that does not attracting attention and is not transparent.
- Grocery Store: Entrances needs to be durable enough to withstand traffic going in and out all day long. It needs to be automatic because carts are pushed through continually, sometimes mothers are hanging on to children as they push.
- Law Firm: Many clients go there to fight and they want to win quickly. Clients also worry about the expenses they will incur during the legal procedure. The entrance of a law firm needs to reflect success, efficiency, respect for the customer, but not extravagance.
There are other things to consider. If you live an area that is characterized by extreme temperatures, blowing sand or just wind, entrances like vestibules and revolving doors can be a relief to employees and clients alike.
Whatever your business, there is an entrance that is just right for your needs. And if you happen to live in the Denver Metropolitan Area, Automatic Door doctors can help you install an entrance, storefront or vestibule, manual or automatic, that is just right. We have earned a continual A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you have any door questions, feel free to call us at 303-408-2702, or if you prefer, you can EMAIL us. For a FREE ESTIMATE, please complete the form at the top, right of this page and we will get back to you promptly.